Current COVID-19 Related Policies and Practices
COVID-19 Related Cancellation Policy
If you have an existing reservation and need to cancel due to the effects of COVID-19 travel restrictions or concerns, we’d be happy to give you a full credit for a future stay or you may convert your deposit to a gift certificate. If circumstances don’t allow for either of these options, we’ll gladly give you a full refund.
There are currently no travel restrictions for guests coming from any of the New England states! We currently anticipate that Maine will be open without travel restrictions to all states starting May 1, 2021!.
This information will be updated as new information becomes available.
Keeping you safe – Health & Safety Practices
Life may be filled with uncertainties right now, but do know when you’re ready to travel again, Coveside will be ready for you! We’ve planned how we’ll deliver the safest, most comfortable and relaxing travel experience for your Summer and Fall get away. Coveside guests already appreciate our relative remoteness and the peaceful solitude of staying with us on Georgetown island. Close enough to the more bustling tourist communities in Mid-Coast Maine, yet just far enough removed to offer guests a totally relaxing and safe vacation experience.
Getting away to Maine’s fresh air – and Coveside’s upscale accommodations — will be a welcome respite from these challenging times.
Guests should wear a mask or face covering whenever they’re likely to be in close proximity to others.
Here’s what we’re already implementing to keep all guests safe and healthy:
- The dining room has been reconfigured to three well separated tables with seating for two at each table.
- Breakfast times will be staggered to ensure a maximum of 6 guests at breakfast at any given time, unless you are staying as part of a larger group..
- Optionally, we would be happy to deliver breakfast to your room.
- Delivered breakfast will be served with disposable, compostable single use place settings.
Guest Rooms, Check-in and Check-out
- Guests may take advantage of remote check-in. Let us know when you’ll arrive and your room will be ready for you without the need to interact with Coveside staff.
- Remote check-out is also available. We will charge the balance of your stay to the credit card on file on the morning of your departure, eliminating the need to interact with staff.
- Once you’ve checked into your room staff will not enter your room until after your departure, unless we are specifically asked to service your room.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in both buildings and in each guest room.
- All rooms are fully cleaned and sanitized between guests.
- Bed coverings are washed between guests.
- Public/common areas will be cleaned/sanitized throughout the day with particular attention to surfaces and high touch items like doorknobs, light switches, etc.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the common areas.